In business, these are two simple truths we often ignore:
- If your customers don’t understand how to use your product or service, they’ll leave.
- If your employees don’t know how or what to communicate to customers and peers, their productivity will be poor.
Either way, your bottom line suffers because of lacking knowledge. Your most cost-effective solution: Customer Education & Staff Training.
Your customers need to know about you, your products and your services.
- Marketing and branding: Your customers need to know who you are and what you do.
- Products: Your customers need demonstrations or user-friendly instructions.
- Services: Your customers may need presentations or a walk-through.
Here are some ways to increase customer knowledge:
- Educational Games and Activities: Feature a product or a service online by using an interactive game.
- Friendly Challenges: Invite your customers to a friendly competition and to test their skill and knowledge with an online pop-quiz.
- Product guides and tours: Provide CD-Rom or web–based tutorials, product guides, and virtual tours.
Skills required to make your business a success:
- Communication : Essential to working with customers and peers. Only people with above average skills will be successful.
- Leadership : There is only room for people who demonstrate solid leadership skills. Help your staff improve.
Here are some ways to improve staff training:
- Self-paced training: Build a CD-Rom or Web-based training library that staff can access at their convenience or on-demand.
- Just-in-time training: When launching a new product or service, broadcast a presentation over the Web and showcase new features.
- Orientation: Reduce cost by converting orientation and other training into cost-effective online modules.